If you do not care for the oral cavity, after each meal do not remove the remains of food, then gradually begin to appear dental deposits, they initially represent soft formations, and then turn into tartar. What is the reason for the formation of such deposits and what are the ways to eliminate them, we consider further.
What are dental deposits?
Such formations on teeth appear even in those who regularly and conscientiously brush their teeth and take care of the oral cavity. The deposits on the teeth are formed under the influence of various factors. They affect not only the crown of the tooth, but also the surface of the gum.
Dental deposits often cause the development of diseases of the gums and teeth. They act irritatingly on the gum and enamel of the tooth, since they contain a huge number of bacteria and products of their vital activity.
Partially soft plaque is removed when cleaning teeth. But this is only on condition that the mouth is cleaned regularly and regularly. If the rules of personal hygiene are not observed, the plaque remains on the teeth, between them and gradually leads to the formation of a solid deposit.
Types of dental deposits
Dentists identify two groups of dental deposits:
- Tooth plaque. This soft deposit, which gradually accumulates on the teeth, seals, dentures. It is formed from food remnants, the products of the vital activity of bacteria. This deposit is densely fixed on the teeth and can be removed only by physical methods.
- Soft clusters resemble a thick mass of white and yellow color. It is also formed by bacteria, their products of vital activity, saliva and food residues.
- The remains of food.
Mineralized sediments. They can include tartar. It can be supragingival and subgingival. Has a dense structure and a dark color.
There are several factors that contribute to the formation of dental deposits:
- The content of the diet is too soft food.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body.
- Preference to chew only on one side.
- The presence of periodontitis.
- Non-compliance with oral hygiene.
- Features of the structure of the teeth.
Tartar is formed, as a rule, in places where there is a bad effect during brushing of teeth and there is no self-cleaning.
The causes of deposits on the teeth
When the formation of dental deposits, the causes of this phenomenon can be identified as follows:
- Use of toothpastes that do not meet all requirements.
- Cleaning the teeth with a soft brush that does not cope 100% with its task.
- A small content in the diet of vegetables, fruits and other solid products.
- The diet is dominated by thermally processed food, which is easily clogged between the teeth.
- The structure of the enamel can be not quite smooth, so it easily retards the deposits.
- Uneven distribution of the load on the teeth.
- Smoking causes darkening of the enamel.
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity.
The most important reason for the appearance of deposits on the teeth is non-compliance with oral hygiene or the wrong technique of cleaning teeth.
It is important to know that the procedure for cleaning teeth should last from 3 to 5 minutes, only then can effectively get rid of all deposits.
Stages of formation of dental deposits
Tooth deposits pass through several stages in their formation:
- The first stage is the accumulation of minerals, it takes up to 2 months, and then the growth of crystals begins.
- At the second stage, the crystals are perfected. The process begins after 60 days and lasts up to 1.5-2 years.
- The third stage is characterized by the saturation of the crystals.
It can be noted that the first stage is a soft coating, and on 2 and 3 - hard dental deposits.
Diagnosis of deposits on the teeth
Detect plaque on the teeth - it's quite simple. Even if you hold the tongue on their surface, then you can feel it if you have a touch. The surface of the teeth does not seem so smooth. You can see in the mirror, the best visible are the deposits on the lower jaw from the inside.
Smokers can easily see the plaque, as it often has a brownish color.
In the pharmacy you can buy special pastes or tablets that color the plaque in a different color, but most effectively visit a dentist who will determine how much you can assess your oral health.
How to get rid of dental plaque?
If you can cope with soft dental plaque by your own efforts, taking care of the hygiene of the oral cavity carefully, then only a specialist can remove the tartar. In dental clinics, there are special tools for removing dental plaque, as well as various methods. These include:
- Mechanical disposal of dental deposits.
- Chemical way of removal.
After the examination, the doctor chooses the method of removal, depending on the type of deposits.
Mechanical debris removal
The removal of dental plaque in this way is carried out manually or with the use of special equipment. You can combine different methods of cleaning between each other, achieving an ideal result. At the end of the procedure, the dentist uses brushes and special pastes to polish the enamel, and the patient leaves the office with a snow-white smile.
Mechanical purification involves the use of the following methods:
- The manual method is carried out using special curettes. It is often combined with other methods. Personal manual cleaning is only used when the use of devices is contraindicated to the patient. This happens in the presence of epilepsy, diabetes and some other pathologies.
- Removal of dental deposits by ultrasound. This is an effective method of removal using a modern apparatus. The method allows you to remove even large stones without damaging the tooth enamel.
- Powder-jet method involves spraying a mixture of water and powder, effectively removing plaque and polishing the enamel. This method often complements the removal of dental deposits by ultrasound, eliminating the remains of the stone.
- Laser removal. Such a method is also possible, but because of the high cost it is rarely chosen by patients.
Chemical removal of tartar
If the mechanical methods of removing deposits do not give the desired result or the case is particularly complex, then it will be necessary to resort to the help of chemistry. If there is a large mobility of the teeth or deposits are located in large clusters, then a gel is applied, which contains: alkalis, acids, iodine. He is able to destroy the raid. The composition is applied only for one minute, and then it is removed, and the mouth is rinsed with water.
If this method of combating dental plaque is used, the dentist must carefully protect the gum from the effects of the gel. Proceeding from this, it can be argued that the root zone of the tooth remains poorly purified, so the method is considered insufficiently effective.
Rules requiring compliance with the removal of sediments
Despite the fact that modern dentistry has great possibilities, removal of dental deposits should be carried out with strict adherence to the following rules:
- All instruments and instruments must be treated with antiseptic solutions to avoid infection of the patient's tissues.
- When starting to remove tartar, it is necessary to treat the oral cavity with hydrogen peroxide or iodine solution.
- During the removal procedure, use napkins to protect the treated tooth from saliva.
- All movements of the doctor should be smooth, scraping.
- The hand that holds the instrument must be fixed at the chin, so as not to injure the soft tissues.
- If there are movable teeth, they must be fixed with the left hand.
- The doctor should work in special goggles so as not to damage the eyes with pieces of tartar.
- The removal of deposits by ultrasound should be done with extreme caution in patients with heart disease. It is forbidden to use this method in the presence of a pacemaker.
- Whichever method of cleaning the teeth is used, the procedure must end with the polishing of the enamel.
Who does not have a hardware brushing?
Manual removal of dental calculus or mild plaque has virtually no contraindications, which can not be said about the use of devices. Such removal of sediments is contraindicated in the following conditions and pathologies:
- With heart disease.
- If there are implants in the oral cavity.
- Bronchial asthma and bronchitis.
- Presence of hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- If there is an increased sensitivity, which can provoke a vomitive reflex.
- During pregnancy and in the period of feeding the baby, it is better to refrain from such procedures.
- For children and adolescents, such methods are also contraindicated.
When visiting a dentist, you must necessarily inform him about the presence of chronic pathologies or existing diseases in acute form.
We get rid of stones on our teeth with improvised means
If there is tartar, how to get rid at home? We suggest you study some folk recipes:
- Use toothpastes with abrasive particles and a hard brush for cleaning, then you can get rid of soft plaque and even remove small stones.
- Prepare a decoction of 40 grams of bark or shell of walnut fruit and a glass of boiling water. In it, you need to dab the brush and brush your teeth, adding a little toothpaste.
- Make a mushy mass of black radish and lemon juice, thoroughly chew and spit, and then brush your teeth with paste. This composition softens the tartar, thereby contributing to its removal.
- In the same proportions, combine ginger, sea salt, alum and turmeric. Pour the mixture on the toothbrush and brush your teeth. There is a simultaneous chemical softening of stones and their mechanical removal.
- Each meal is completed with a thorough rinse with a decoction of an equal amount of lime flowers and sunflower flowers.
- Prepare a decoction of dry leaves of horsetail. Boil the leaves and insist for an hour. Such a composition cleans well the mineralized dental deposits.
- On the toothbrush to drip a few drops of tea tree oil and brush your teeth, it perfectly removes the plaque and does not allow it to form in the future.
- Use a solution of honey for rinsing. You need to dissolve a teaspoon of goodies in a glass of water. Manipulate exercise several times a day, preferably after breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Prepare the gruel from soda, a few drops of lemon juice and 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. Apply for a few minutes to hard deposits, and then thoroughly rinse with water.
Removing dental plaques by folk remedies is a long process, for one application it will not be possible to get rid of tartar, so you will have to be patient and use the remedy regularly.
If folk remedies do not help to cope with the deposits on the teeth, you will have to visit a specialist who will quickly and safely return you a beautiful smile and the health of your teeth.
How to prevent the formation of dental deposits
If with personal hygiene everything is so bad that tartar was formed, how to get rid at home or with the help of a dentist is understandable, or can it be easier to prevent its formation? For this, nothing difficult to do is not necessary, all you need to observe the following recommendations:
- Regularly brush your teeth in the morning and in the evening, the procedure should not last less than 3 minutes. Movements should be sweeping and circular.
- Use special pastes that remove plaque well.
- To reduce the amount of sweet and flour in the diet, such an environment is favorable for the accelerated reproduction of bacteria.
- Do not abuse strong tea, coffee, they can stain tooth enamel.
- Include in your menu fresh vegetables and fruits, so that the self-cleaning of the oral cavity from the plaque.
- Use dental floss to remove food debris between the teeth.
- Rinse mouth after eating.
- Even if nothing hurts, you need to take the rule every six months to visit the dentist.
Modern hygiene products not only give fresh breath freshness, but also help restore teeth to whiteness, rid of dental deposits and prevent the formation of a stone. The most important thing is to regularly use them, do not forget about personal hygiene, then no plaque is terrible, it simply will not have a chance to appear. If you have questions about proper oral care, then it's worth to visit the dentist, he will explain everything and help pick up the dentifrices, and if necessary, he will find ways to remove dental plaque.