Many people are wondering why the ear was laid after the aircraft, what to do in such a situation? Naturally, the presented phenomenon does not cause painful sensations. However, discomfort is still present.
Let's find out why he lays his ears on the plane and how to deal with it? What should be done to ensure that the problem does not arise during subsequent flights?
Pathologies of the organs of hearing
There are a number of diseases in which lays the ears in an airplane. What to do to eliminate discomfort and what are the manifestations of such ailments?
- Eustachyte - at the root of the problem is the development of inflammatory processes in the area of the auditory tube. The appearance of edemas, as a rule, is a consequence of a late reaction to colds. However, the cause of the development of eustachyte can also serve as a sinusitis, the formation of polyps in the nasopharynx.
- Hearing loss is a neurosensory pathology of the hearing organs that occurs against the background of destructive processes affecting the auditory nerve. The prerequisite for the development of the disease can be hypertension of blood vessels, cerebral ischemia, head trauma. If the ear has been laid down after the aircraft, what should I do? To reject suspicions on the development of sensorineural hearing loss allows the passage of an audiogram.
- Otitis - is one of the most common reasons why you can regularly put your ears on the plane. Even after successful treatment of the disease, the tympanic membrane contains so-called adhesions, which reduce its mobility and prevent a natural return to anatomically correct position.
For most passengers, the stuffiness of the ears is observed during landing and take-off. The appearance of the effect is due to the difference in pressure on board the aircraft and outside. As a result of a sharp climb, conditions change so quickly that the Eustachian tube of the hearing organ simply does not cope with the functions assigned to it. Thus, the pressure outside the tympanic membrane and in the inner part of the ear does not have time to equalize.
Accumulation of the abundance of sulfur in the ear can lead to the formation of a so-called plug. The latter often lays the ears as a result of displacement in one or the other direction with pressure drops.
A direct sign of clogging of the ears of sulfur is the decrease of acuity of hearing. A person can not catch individual words from the conversation. Such people often think that the interlocutor talks too quietly. If there is a cork, it often gives the impression that the ears are submerged under water.
What if I put my ears on the plane? What to do when the blame for all the formation in the ear passage of sulfur plug? In this case, you should seek help from a doctor who will quickly eliminate the clogging. However, it is much easier to avoid the problem development. To do this, it is enough to regularly make hygiene of the ears, using special ear wands.
Water in the ear canal
To lay ears in the plane can, if shortly before departure the person bathed in a bathroom, floated in a reservoir or pool. After such procedures, water can remain in the ear canal, causing the effect of congestion during takeoff or landing.
In such a situation, it is recommended to carefully clean the ears with a cotton swab. The latter absorbs all moisture, and also removes blockage in the form of swollen sulfur. After performing the procedure, it is worth several times to swallow, open and close your mouth, yawn. This will cause the probable remnants of water to move further into the nasopharynx.
Lays his ears when landing the plane - what to do?
Avoid the effect of obstruction of the ear canal, using the following recommendations:
- Helping to eliminate the problem allows the implementation of swallowing movements. It is for this reason that the stewardesses of some airlines offer candy to passengers. The latter cause profuse salivation, which causes a person to swallow more often. In turn, such movements provide abundant airflow into the middle ear.
- Lays the ears on the plane? What to do? Avoiding unpleasant manifestations makes it possible to open the mouth during the recruitment or lowering of the height. Performing this action helps to eliminate the difference in pressure in the inner ear and outside. A good alternative to this method is yawning.
- If there is a stuffiness in the ears during the flight, it is enough to take in the lungs more air, closing the nose with your fingers, and then exhale sharply. In this case, there should be a characteristic click, which informs about the departure of the tympanic membrane to its proper place.
- People who suffer from colds often lodge their ears in an airplane. What to do in such cases? Here, nasal drops will come to the rescue, which have the effect of narrowing the blood vessels. The use of drugs in this category will free the nasopharynx from the mucus and, accordingly, reduce the pressure on the tissue in the ear canal.
So we figured out what to do if we put our ears on the plane, and why such discomfort arises. As you can see, it is quite easy to eliminate an unpleasant phenomenon during the flight. It is enough to use the above recommendations. If desired, you can buy special earplugs at the airport that will allow you to regulate internal pressure in the hearing organs.