Almost every girl and woman dreams of beautiful, shiny and thick hair. During pregnancy, many expectant mothers notice that their hair has become much better. But after the birth, everything changes. The nursing mother begins to notice that the locks lose their former shine, become brittle and fall out, remaining whole strands in the tub, on the pillow, on the shoulders - in a variety of places. The situation, of course, is terrible, because it undermines the emotional health of a woman who has recently undergone stress during labor, and then there is such an attack. However, you do not need to panic, but you just have to pull yourself together and try to find out why the hair falls out during breastfeeding, what to do in order to eliminate all the factors provoking this state and stop the unwanted phenomenon.
All the factors that affect the fact that the lactating hair falls out are directly related to the state of the woman's body, which has suffered great stress and is now trying to recover. The most common reasons are:
- Hormonal changes in blood.
- Nervous exhaustion, regular lack of sleep, stress.
- Defective food.
- Another reason that hair fall out is the thyroid gland, its pathology. In this case, the treatment should only take place under the supervision of a specialist.
Intensive deterioration and loss of hair begins to be observed within a month after the appearance of the baby, because exactly at this time the hormonal background gradually begins to return to normal. During pregnancy, as is known, he undergoes significant changes, after which he needs restoration.
All these processes are natural: there is a gradual decrease in the hormonal level, estrogen is no longer able, as before, to stimulate hair growth. Therefore, the nursing mother during the first months after childbirth begins to lose up to 30% of her head of hair. But you do not need to panic, because after the restoration of the hormonal background hair loss will stop.
Another reason that the hair fall out, can be directly feeding the baby with the breast. In the lactation period, naturally, the body removes vitamins, minerals and other nutrients from the mother's body. To all this, you need to add a significant loss of blood during labor. All this is the cause of anemia and vitamin deficiency. A lack of calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamins D, B and C and other substances leads to the fact that the hair fall strands.
Alone by themselves, pregnancy and childbirth are a great nervous shock for every woman, which very often can not pass after the birth of a baby. With his appearance on the shoulders of the mother, many problems lie, with which it is difficult enough for her to cope with. As a result of additional stresses, fatigue, lack of sleep and anxiety, the nervous system is depleted, which affects the condition of both the whole organism and hair. They begin to weaken and fall out.
The same sad result can be due to the lack of a woman's natural and fresh products in the diet, as well as the consumption of marinated and salted foods in large quantities.
Do hair fall out during breastfeeding? What to do? Choose the treatment tactics depending on the cause of the problem. First of all, it is necessary to try to eliminate provoking factors by all possible ways and methods. This will be the answer to the question of interest to many: "If the hair falls out during breastfeeding, what should I do?"
Ways to stop hair loss
There are many specially developed methods that suggest how you can cope with this problem even without special treatment to the doctor. However, if treatment involves the use of medications, you should consult a doctor beforehand so that it does not affect breastfeeding in any way.
If hair falls out during breastfeeding, what should I do?
- After the delivery of certain tests and a special examination of the thyroid gland hormone preparations should be taken.
- Take steroids according to the doctor's prescription: "Nandrolone Decanoate", "Winstrol", "Sustanon", "Testosterone Propionate Testosterone Cypionate", "Panto-vair", "Primobolan Depot", "Melanotan-2".
- Take vitamins after childbirth. In the lactation period, different vitamin complexes are prescribed for each individual case: Multi-table Perinatal, Jodomarin, Vitrum Prenatal Forte, Potassium Iodide, Ferretab Comp.
- You can resort to homeopathic remedies that will quickly help to solve this problem.
- You can contact the beauty salon, where you will be offered several options for procedures to stop hair loss. The most commonly used cryomassage of the head, effectively stimulating their growth and strengthening.
- Remarkably it will help to cope with such misfortune and the use of domestic folk remedies. Masks that are made from the most common products (olive oil, eggs, onion husks and honey) are excellent. Well strengthen the roots of hair, various cosmetic oils, of which compresses are made all night long. Castor, cedar, burdock and almond oils are used. Allows speeding up the recovery of hair rinsing with herbs such as burdock root and ara, bay leaf, chamomile, nettle, plantain, oregano, sage, nasturtium.
- Treatment of hair loss includes the compulsory care of weakened locks, which is also a preventive measure.
Prevention of this disease
Experts offer some recommendations for all moms on how to prevent hair loss during lactation and preserve their beauty and health:
- First of all, normalize your diet. Be sure to include in your diet meat, fish, dairy products, fruits (especially apples), vegetables. There are more oils (olive, sunflower, corn, creamy), dried fruits.
- Do not use metal tight barrettes, elastic bands, hairpins.
- Stop using the hair dryer and curling iron.
- Do not change often shampoos.
- Use only a soft comb made of natural materials.
- Refuse from drinking coffee and alcoholic beverages, do not smoke.
- Try not to be nervous, to sleep a day at least 7 hours, as much as possible to walk outdoors.
The rate of hair loss per day
The number of hairs on the head is approximately 90-160 thousand pieces. The loss of dozens of hair a day is quite natural. Daily loss is normal if limited to a limit of 50-150 pieces per day.
Knowing the causes that cause postnatal hair loss helps to protect yourself from all the factors that provoke this problem.