Today, allergic reactions, unfortunately, are not uncommon. Experts attribute this phenomenon to one of the most serious problems. After all, such reactions can affect any organ. Most often, allergies manifest as a variety of skin rashes. Such defects complicate the life of the patient, delivering significant discomfort. How to win this disease? What skin allergy pills are most effective?
What is a disease?
Many people, having noticed a sudden redness or rash on the skin, do not attach importance to them. Believing that such “decorations” were the result of an insect bite or nettle burn, they take no action. Yes, and sometimes looks quite harmless allergic to the skin. Red spots, slight swelling and small bubbles really do not cause concern. Only one annoying - unbearable itching. It can not be removed by home remedies. And only after applying a remedy for allergies on the skin, a person experiences long-awaited relief. Along with him comes the understanding that mosquitoes and nettles have nothing to do with this. We are talking about skin allergies.
Almost every person has experienced such reactions. Skin allergy is considered one of the most hard-to-diagnose ills. And it is no coincidence. It is sometimes difficult to distinguish between normal irritation and an allergic reaction. Quite often, only special tests can reveal the real cause of the symptoms.
Types of skin rash
The disease can manifest itself in different ways. Depending on the type of reaction, the elements of the rash may differ. It is worth noting that allergies often quite quickly pass. Spots on the skin, provided there is no contact with the “provocateur”, disappear after a couple of days. However, there are cases when the rash does not pass so quickly. On the contrary, every day they cause more and more discomfort. Such manifestations require special attention.
These include the following types of allergies on the skin:
- Hives. This form is characterized by blisters that appear in large numbers. They tend to merge. The strongest pruritus accompanies the urticaria. Patients are very difficult to tolerate this symptom. In some cases, patients who have an acute form of the disease, even hospitalized.
- Angioedema. Allergy resembles the above described type - hives. A distinctive feature is the presence of pronounced edema. Quite often, such swelling observed on the eyelids, in the lips.
- Contact dermatitis. This form arises in direct contact with the allergen. Therefore, a rash appears only on those areas of skin that have been in contact with a dangerous substance. As a rule, it is hands and face.
The main causes of the disease
All types of skin allergies result from exposure to a particular irritant. In other words, ailment cannot appear by chance. There are always factors that provoke an unpleasant reaction. There are a lot of them.
According to statistics, physicians distinguish such main sources of unpleasant manifestations:
- Food allergens. This group includes many very different products. It should be understood that any substance can cause allergies. However, there are separate products that often lead to similar symptoms. This is honey, milk, exotic fruits, seafood. Quite often, the reaction to this group is manifested by a rash on the face.
- Animal hair, dust, plants. Often, all these substances cause conjunctivitis or rhinitis. However, there are cases when the body reacts to them with an allergic rash.
- Decorative cosmetics, household chemicals, individual metals. Such substances can trigger contact dermatitis. It is noticed that in most cases the body does not immediately respond to such components. As a rule, a certain period of time passes, and the skin at the places of contact with them becomes covered with a rash.
Before treating this ailment, irritating factors should be eliminated. Otherwise, whatever highly effective allergy pills you may have taken, the disease will not be defeated. To determine the sources of irritation should go to the doctor. It is he who will designate the appropriate tests.
This method is quite simple. Small scratches are applied to the forearm with a scarifier. On them the prepared solution in which the prospective allergen is concluded drips. This method makes it possible to check more than ten substances.
The samples are closely monitored. If a real allergen is in the wound, the place swells and reddens. This allows you to identify adverse substances for the body. Quite often, patients themselves guess what exactly provoked a similar reaction. In this case, the doctor with the help of the sample can only confirm the guesswork.
Allergy in children
Unfortunately, no one is immune from this disease. Both adults and children are subject to it. Especially unpleasant when there is an allergy in the skin of the child.
In infants up to a year, the rash is localized on the cheeks, forearms, neck, buttocks. Initially, red spots appear. Over time, they acquire a brighter shade. Then merge into one large red spot. The skin in these places is swollen. Then on the surface of the spots begin to form small bubbles with a clear liquid. The baby becomes very irritable, because such an allergy on the skin in a child causes unbearable itching.
In older children, a rash occurs on the forearms, face, abdomen. Allergies usually appear as dark pink or red spots. They give the impression of flaky skin. Sometimes a child may complain of drowsiness, headache. There are cases when the rash is accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting.
Allergy Treatment in Children
Initially, it should be emphasized that these manifestations are not only a symptom of a serious illness. A rash can lead to severe complications. Combing the wounds, the baby provides access to the body for various infections. And this, in turn, can provoke the development of various skin diseases. Therefore, it is important to take appropriate measures in a timely manner.
How to treat allergies on the skin of the baby, the doctor will tell. It is with a visit to the doctor that therapy should begin. Remember that it is necessary to diagnose an allergen, and only a doctor can prescribe this procedure. Neglect of such measures may trigger the development of the chronic form. As a result, the skin of the baby gets scars and scars that remain for life.
After determining the allergen, the doctor prescribes medication. Antihistamines are used: "Diazolin", "Claritin". They perfectly relieve itching, neutralize substances that cause such a reaction in the body as an allergy on the skin. It is recommended to lubricate red spots with special ointments and gels. They also effectively relieve itching. And, importantly, they prevent the risk of infection.
It is necessary to understand that some drugs have a sedative effect. This means "Tavegil", "Dimedrol", "Suprastin." They slow down the reaction and cause drowsiness. When prescribing such drugs should carefully monitor the behavior of the child. Use only the medications prescribed by the pediatrician, and strictly follow the recommended dosage.
When should an ambulance be called?
Watch for symptoms very carefully. Sometimes allergies can be quite insidious. Spots on the skin are not the only manifestation of the disease. If the rash is accompanied by nasal congestion, tearing, swelling of the face - call an ambulance.
These symptoms may indicate the development of angioedema. It is dangerous the possibility of swelling of the larynx and tongue. And this can lead to suffocation.
Modern pharmacology provides the widest range of different drugs against this ailment. Pills for allergies on the skin effectively relieve itching, swelling of tissues, prevent the spread of rashes, protect against the formation of blisters. Many drugs contain mostly natural ingredients.
One of the most well-known and effective remedies in the fight against allergies is the Gistan medication. This medicine is available in the form of capsules, tablets, ointments. An effective skin allergy remedy consists of extracts of healing herbs and vitamins.
It is very important not to forget about antihistamine drugs. The medications "Fenistil", "Zyrtec", "Telfast" are quite effective. In severe cases, the doctor may prescribe corticosteroids.
Together with these drugs it is often recommended to take activated charcoal. Especially when it comes to children. This medicine relieves the manifestations of food allergies, and at the same time strengthens the immune system. By the way, activated carbon can be given even to newborns. Sometimes the doctor may recommend to use the laxative "Duphalac". As a rule, absorbers - Polysorb or Enterosgel - are also administered with it.
The most important rule that allows effectively and quickly defeating an illness is to take only those drugs that an experienced doctor will prescribe. Do not forget that self-medication can seriously harm the body.
A qualified doctor, after determining the cause of hypersensitivity of the skin, will select the optimal treatment. It should be understood that for each individual case the measures to combat the disease will be different. Thus, depending on the rash, the doctor will prescribe either a hormonal or less radical ointment against skin allergies. You should not use the drugs yourself, carefully coordinate your actions with your doctor.
Hormonal ointments include substances that block further antibody production. These drugs a large number. They vary in strength effects on the body. Appointment of ointments containing hormones, depends on the patient's condition.
The list of such funds include drugs:
- “Hydrocortisone”, “Prednisone “. These ointments have a weak effect. They are used for minor manifestations of allergy. Such ointments are acceptable to use for pregnant women and children up to 2 years.
- “Afloderm”, “Ftorokort”, “Tsinakort”. This is a group of mild ointments. They are intended for more pronounced allergic reactions.
- “Sinalar”, “Advantan”, “Apulein”, “Elokom”. Drugs active action. As a rule, they are used in case of need immediately to stop the inflammatory process. The effectiveness of these ointments allows you to use them for eczema and dermatosis.
All hormonal agents have a certain range of indications and a limited duration of use. That is why these drugs should be used only as prescribed by a doctor and only in prescribed doses. Otherwise, you risk getting incredibly many side effects that will require separate treatment.
To non-hormonal drugs include the following drugs:
- “Psilo-Balsam”, “Fenistil-gel”. Excellent relieve itching.
- “Levosin”, “Levomekol”, “Fucidin”. Have a bactericidal effect.
- “Solkoseril”, “Actovegin”, “Radevit”, “Videstim”. Able to stimulate skin regeneration.
- “Panthenol”, “Bepanten”. Accelerate healing and regeneration.
Any gel or cream for skin allergies, which contains lanolin, is quite effective. This component softens, moisturizes the surface, reduces flaking, protects against microcracks.
It should be noted that these drugs must be combined with medical treatment. Only in this case, they will have a beneficial effect on the body and will quickly get rid of the unpleasant symptoms that skin allergies provoked. Folk remedies created by nature, ways not only to fight the disease, but also to stimulate the protective functions of the body.
- Broth series. It should be replaced by the use of coffee or tea. Take only fresh decoction. This drink is recommended to use for several years. It is believed that he is able to fully heal the body. Brew it should be like tea. Insist broth need about 20 minutes. The drink should be a beautiful golden color. If the broth acquires a cloudy or green tint, then this series is completely unsuitable for use. Only those herbs from skin allergies that were collected personally are most effective. Traditional medicine does not recommend the use of the sold string, packed in briquettes.
- Infusion of calendula. This tool allows you to get rid of itching. The affected areas should be cleaned with alcohol infusion. Soda solution is also quite effective. It takes 1.5 tsp. dilute in a glass of water. Carefully apply the finished solution to the areas affected by the rash.
- Infusion of violets. Traditional medicine recommends this remedy for allergic skin manifestations. One liter should be added to the bath. Water procedures can be applied with the same portion of infusion of wild marsh tea.
People suffering from various allergic reactions on the skin should go on a hypoallergenic diet. The essence of this power is as follows:
- preference is given to low-allergenic products;
- diet must be age appropriate;
- energy value of the diet should be maintained at the proper level.
Nutrition for skin allergies for each patient is selected by a nutritionist individually. The basic principle of this diet, as previously noted, is based on the rejection of highly allergenic products. After all, they are able to stimulate unpleasant reactions.
Quite often, the following products increase the symptoms of allergy:
- chicken eggs;
- milk and cow and goat;
- coffee, cocoa;
- fruits or berries with a red and orange color;
- smoked products (fish, meat);
- alcoholic beverages;
- seasonings, sauces;
The exclusion of these products has the most beneficial effect on the healing process. Edema is minimized, itching is reduced. The patient observes a significantly better regression of the rash.
However, among the products there are also medium allergens. Their amount in the diet should also be reduced.
- buckwheat or corn grits;
- wheat, rye;
- bananas, peaches, watermelons;
Refusing and reducing the use of the aforementioned products, one should dwell on low-allergenic ones. After all, it is on their predominance in the diet that the diet is built.
Their list includes:
- dairy products;
- still mineral water;
- boiled pork and beef with low fat content;
- olive oil;
- vegetables (turnip, cabbage);
- liver, kidney;
- dried fruits.
The high prevalence of allergic reactions, unpleasant, sometimes even painful symptoms cause many questions in people. Can I get rid of the disease? What skin allergy pills should I choose? What methods of struggle to give preference?
Only a doctor can select a treatment that can stop the cascade of pathological reactions of the body. Do not self-medicate, entrust your invaluable health to a professional.