Sulfur in the ear is not as useless as it might seem at first sight. It is not only a product of the vital activity of the body, but also a very effective protective barrier. When pathogens get on the skin covered with sulfur, they almost immediately die, and foreign bodies penetrating from outside are "glued" and can not move deeper. After this, both the first and the second are removed due to the unique growth of the skin in the ear - from the inside out. Considering that such growth occurs constantly and at a rather fast pace, they do not stay there for long, and in a healthy organism such self-purification takes place without anyone's help.
However, sometimes sulfur in the ear can cause significant inconvenience. Due to a number of reasons (untimely or insufficient hygiene, catarrhal diseases, metabolic disorders), so-called. sulfuric plugs - hardened accumulation of material inside the ear canal. Distinctive signs of this pathology are insignificant weakening of hearing, and when it gets into the water (due to swelling of sulfur) - its complete loss. In such cases, only the otolaryngologist can help, which uses a special syringe to "wash out" the foreign body formed. It is very important not to try to remove the cork yourself using improvised materials. Instead of the desired result, you can push the cork deeper, and then the extraction procedure will become much more difficult and even can cause pain.
To avoid such problems, it is necessary to monitor both the general condition of the organism and the state of the ears. If it became noticeable that there is a lot of sulfur in the ear, it changed its consistency (it became watery or liquid) or the composition (with a burning or itching sensation in the discharge of sulfur) is a sure sign of the disease and a signal for an urgent hike to the doctor. And the trip to the doctor should not be postponed - it can cost a hearing. The same can be said about the cases when the ear has black sulfur - this is most likely to be associated with bleeding and more serious problems with the hearing aid.
To prevent these and many other problems, the following simple recommendations should be followed:
- Sulfur in the ear should be removed by washing or rinsing;
- At occurrence of any unpleasant sensations it is necessary to address to the expert as soon as possible. Only he can reveal the true causes of their appearance;
- Catarrhal diseases are the most common cause of diseases of the hearing aid. Their prevention will help to rid themselves of such ailments;
- Sulfur in the ear should not be removed with the help of sharp or any other objects that can injure the skin. In this case, the settled microbes easily enter the bloodstream and can cause inflammation;
- It is not necessary to treat the disease that has arisen on its own, however light it might seem. Timely consultation of an otolaryngologist will save you from possible complications.
- There is an opinion that the use of common "cotton buds" for cleaning the ears "rubs" the earwax into the skin, which eventually leads to the development of hearing loss.