People with disabilities face daily a lot of problems that are simply invisible to a healthy person. One of the biggest problems for a wheelchair handicapped person is an obstacle like a ladder. At present, buildings, whether residential or social, are designed to meet the needs of all population groups. They provide for such a device as a lift for disabled wheelchair users.
The construction of lifts differ in technical characteristics, type and method of use, but they have one task - to facilitate the life of a person chained to a wheelchair.
Types of lifts
Modern technologies and materials allow producing reliable and compact devices to facilitate the life of people with disabilities, including lifting devices. Lifts for disabled people can be in the form of:
- lifting platform;
- lifting platform;
- stationary or mobile.
Types of hoists
All models of lifting mechanisms are divided into two types:
- Lifts for the disabled with a hydraulic drive. A perfect solution for a small height. Smooth running, precise stop at a preset level, easy installation, as a disadvantage, you can distinguish a small speed of lifting. There are models of mobile lifts on a hydraulic drive for lifting a person.
- With electric drive. In addition to platforms and platforms, such a drive has mobile lifts. Work on the principle of a crane. Their main function is the movement of the disabled person. They are used in medical institutions, for working with people with disabilities in the pool or in hippotherapy (therapeutic horse riding). For home conditions, several different modifications have been developed, it is possible to choose any, according to the size and functionality of the lift for the disabled. The price corresponds to the quality of the products.
Vertical lift for disabled people is widely used in places where it is impossible to install ramps at the right angle. They are installed in places of old buildings and are designed for new buildings.
An unconditional advantage is the fact that a vertical lift for disabled people takes up little space, is easy to install. It is absolutely safe in operation, firstly, the carriage is securely fixed on the lifting platform, and secondly, the disabled person controls the mechanism himself. In addition, such a device can be used to raise a baby carriage or a heavy load of up to 250 kg.
Lifting platforms are vital in public transport. Not so many cars are equipped with such devices, they are located in the aisles, they are equipped with a very simple mechanism.
Modifications to the lift allow you to adapt it to any architectural features of the building. Mobile lift for disabled vertical type is convenient to use not only on the street, but also inside the building with small staircases. They have proven themselves in old houses without an elevator, where it is impossible to make a redevelopment.
And also in public places, hospitals, shops or, for example, when a wheelchair user needs to be lifted onto the stage from the hall. The ability to move such a lift from place to place makes it possible to significantly facilitate the life of wheelchair users, when a small height of up to 2 meters becomes an insurmountable obstacle.
To help wheelchair users to independently overcome stairs, a ladder lift for disabled people has been developed and successfully used. Its main task is to quickly and comfortably move the stroller through the steps.
The difference in the trajectory of motion divides the inclined lifts into two types:
- With a direct trajectory of motion. It is designed to overcome one ladder march. Can be mounted both indoors and outdoors. Mounted on a load-bearing wall or on special racks.
- With a complex trajectory of motion. Such a ladder lift for the disabled will help to overcome several stair flights. Rotation angle 90 ° or 180 °.
Regardless of the type of lift, it must meet the following requirements:
- the design of the platform must be folded in order not to obstruct the passage of the stairs;
- just as easily and simply the platform should be brought into operation;
- to provide an opportunity for the disabled person to independently use the lift without assistance.
To ensure safety, lifts for the disabled are necessarily equipped with:
- the stops that do not allow the construction to shift beyond the permissible boundary;
- speed limiter;
- manual drive, in case of emergency situations;
- special fencing, which excludes the passenger's contact with the details of the device.
Another type of stair lift is the chairlift. Modern technology has allowed to abandon the wires and circuits. Today, such a rack-and-pinion device with an independent power source fits perfectly into the interior of any home.
- can be mounted both on the inside and outside of the staircase;
- it is installed practically on any staircase, regardless of the complexity of the route and its height;
- automatically stops when an obstacle occurs;
- the control panel is mounted in the armrest of the chair;
- the seat folds compactly and does not obscure the flight of stairs;
- footrest is provided;
- reliable and durable.
Trajectory of the movement of the chair itself can be either rectilinear or with turns. Safe, easy to operate, mounted both inside the house and outside. When moving to the second floor of the house, on the stairs in the garden, on the veranda - there will always be a convenient lift for disabled people. The price of the mechanism is from 5000 euros and above, depending on the model and complexity of the trajectory.
Crawler lift for disabled people is a mobile device with a platform on which a wheelchair is attached, with rubber tracks. Equipped with a powerful electric drive. The second name is "autonomous step ladder". The versatility of the design allows it to be used for all wheelchair models and on a wide variety of stairs.
This type of lift is considered one of the most compact and lightweight devices for moving wheelchair users along the stairs. In assembled form it can be transported in a passenger car, it is freely placed in the trunk.
Two types of equipment have been developed and are successfully used. Crawler lift for the disabled, which provides an accompanying person. It is the assistant who controls the device and helps the wheelchair to overcome the ladder. He fixes the stroller, drives up to the stairs and performs lifting or descent.
The second option involves self-movement on the stairs of a person in a stroller. He himself calls on the platform, with special fasteners fixes the wheelchair on the platform. With the help of the lever, it raises the whole structure so that the rubber tracks do not touch the floor. Then he approaches the stairs with his back, falls on the rubber tracks and starts to climb. Similarly, you can go down the stairs.
Another advantage of the crawler lift is that it can be used not only for its intended purpose, but also for walking on rough terrain. For wheelchair users this is an important aspect for the diversity of their lives.
Lifts for people with disabilities make life easier for people with disabilities and help to remain full members of society. To ensure accessibility for people with disabilities in wheelchairs of all spheres of ordinary life - the task is quite feasible.
Caring for people with disabilities, taking into account their needs in the design of buildings or major repairs, and, if necessary, the implementation of special programs will help disabled people find their rightful place in society.