Among all ear diseases, the most common is otitis media. Treatment for otitis media should be done exclusively under the supervision of a doctor, but the use of home treatment methods is also effective. Especially in the initial stages.
Causes of the disease
Otitis is a common disease. It is especially unpleasant that infants are often exposed to it. In childhood, otitis is due to the physiological location of the Eustachian tube, which is located between the nasopharynx and the middle ear. This promotes the penetration of pathogens from the pharynx. Note that the risk of otitis increases dramatically in children with allergies, because excessive mucus secretion and enlarged adenoids block the Eustachian tube. Otitis is also a common complication of upper respiratory tract infections. If you do not give the proper attention to the disease, it can develop into chronic otitis media. Treatment of this form of the disease is always more complex and long, accompanied by severe pain, secretions.
Symptoms of otitis
- Sharp pain in the ear canal.
- The patient's condition usually worsens in the evening.
- The patient may have increased irritability, restless sleep, hearing loss.
Note that in otitis due to
high pressure in the middle ear may occur rupture of the tympanic membrane, which, undoubtedly, will lead to deterioration of hearing. Therefore, the treatment of the initial form, as well as the treatment of chronic otitis media, can not be performed without a doctor's supervision. When manifesting the first symptoms of the disease, it is recommended to seek advice from the otolaryngologist.
Ear Otitis. Treatment of otitis media folk remedies
The first help for a patient can become a warming compress. The most popular mistake lies in the fact that the treatment covers the entire ear together with the auditory passage. Correctly apply a compress around the auricle. To prepare a warming mixture use alcohol, diluted in half with boiled water, or vodka. Note that the compress should be applied for 1-2 hours. If you are suffering from otitis media, treatment of otitis should be carried out, supplementing with the use of folk remedies. Here are some of them:
- Garlic oil. For its preparation 2/3 of the chopped garlic should be mixed with 1/3 of the vegetable oil, the composition must be infused for 10 days in a warm, better sunny place. Garlic oil must be instilled in a couple drops into the diseased ear.
- Prepare a decoction of green poppy heads in milk and water them with the affected ear. Half a cup of milk should take 7 green poppy heads and boil them in it for half an hour.
- Many people simply can not tolerate the pain that otitis media causes, the treatment of otitis in this case must begin with the removal of this discomfort. To do this, you can do an ear wash with alcohol. The patient must be laid on the side of a healthy ear, and in the patient pour 5-6 drops of warmed up to 37 degrees of alcohol. It is necessary to keep this position for 15 minutes. The pain will begin to decrease after 5 minutes.
- A good assistant in the treatment of otitis are scarlet and Kalanchoe. They are applied as a compress. Kashitsu from the leaves of these plants spread on a bandage and attached to a sick ear for the night. This mixture calms the pain, draws pus.
- To relieve pain and inflammation, the ear is recommended to be heated (only if it does not have pus) with salt and even a piece of brick. Salt is heated in a frying pan, poured into a sock and applied to the ear. Brick or stone is heated in the oven, wrapped in a cloth. It is important not to apply too hot to the sick ear in order to avoid burns.