Today we will tell in the article about undifferentiated cancer. This is a serious enough disease. In the article we will also consider the signs of this ailment, the methods of diagnosing it, and all possible ways of treating the disease. First, note that cancer is a common name, which implies a disease associated with the mutation of cells and their spread in the body.
Indication of the degree of cancer
The disease can affect different organs of a person. The disease is also diagnosed at different stages. The fact that this disease is located is called its differentiation. It is usually denoted by the letter G. If there are infected cells in the human body, in which the degree of modification and difference from healthy cells is high, they are called undifferentiated and are designated as G3. Also there are highly differentiated cells. They are almost identical to healthy ones. They are usually referred to as G1. Highly differentiated cancer has a benign course.
Tumors that refer to this type of disease have the same name as the tissue on which they spread. For example, adenocarcinoma, squamous nonkeratinized cancer and others. And the undifferentiated cancer is given a name from the form of the infected cells. For example, undifferentiated squamous cell carcinoma, ring-like cell and others. This disease has a rapid progression, is characterized by frequent metastases. This disease is malignant and can affect different human organs.
Description of the disease
Undifferentiated small cell cancer has its own peculiarity - mutating cells can not differentiate. In other words, it does not have the capacity for development. That is, it does not develop to the extent that it fulfills its function. We can say that it does not grow up, but remains at a certain stage of formation. A cancer tumor of this type of cancer consists of undifferentiated cells that can not perform the functions assigned to them to ensure the normal functioning of an organ.
Types of Disease
Consider the types of disease. The most common types of this pathology are:
- Adenogenic breast cancer.
- Undifferentiated thyroid cancer.
- Adenogenic stomach cancer.
- Undifferentiated lung cancer.
- Adenogenic cancer of the nasopharynx.
What are the symptoms of a person with this disease?
Symptoms of a patient whose body is infected with undifferentiated oncological disease may differ depending on which organ is affected by a malignant tumor. If a person has such a disease as undifferentiated stomach cancer, then he will have the following symptoms:
- The presence of gravity in the stomach after eating.
- Unpleasant sensations (burning, dull or sharp pain) in the stomach.
- The person is constantly sick.
- There is vomiting.
- Rejection of some food products (for example, meat, poultry and others).
- Part or complete absence of appetite.
- Man enough to saturate a small amount of food.
- There is a severe loss in weight.
- There is apathy, melancholy.
- A person quickly feels tired and tired.
- The body temperature can rise without any symptoms.
Methods for diagnosing undifferentiated cancer
Well-known is the fact that, the earlier the disease is diagnosed, the more likely the person to restore his body. Undifferentiated (adenogenic) cancer is diagnosed by modern research methods.
- Endoscopy. To identify cancers of internal organs, endoscopy methods such as fibrogastroscopy, bronchoscopy, and colonoscopy are used.
- Laparoscopy is an operative intervention in the human body to detect cancer cells.
- Ultrasound (ultrasound examination of the body). Despite the fact that this method of research is quite simple, it allows to determine the presence of tumors on such organs as the liver, pancreas, uterus, ovaries and lymph nodes.
- X-ray. This method of diagnosis can reveal the presence of undifferentiated cancer cells. Carry out such types of research as irrigography, hysterography, computed tomography of the head and heart. This method of diagnosis allows you to see the areas affected by infected cells and determine their structure.
- Biopsy. In some cases, it is necessary to take this analysis from a person. A biopsy is a study of the affected organ material. This procedure allows you to determine what type of tumor. At what stage it is undifferentiated cancer. The prognosis of the development of the disease can also be done by biopsy.
Treatment with traditional and modern methods
It should be noted that it is better to use the most modern methods to treat undifferentiated cancer. It is also desirable that the approach be comprehensive. Thus, a person has more chances to stop the process of reproduction of cancer cells and adjust your body to regress of the disease. Possible full recovery of the body. As mentioned above, it is better if the disease is diagnosed at an early stage.
Therefore, a person is recommended to periodically conduct an examination of the body. It is necessary to show the doctor in time and take the necessary tests. If any abnormalities are found, additional studies should be conducted to exclude the presence of cancer cells in the body.
What therapy is used? Methods of treatment of the disease
What kind of therapy is recommended if a person has undifferentiated cancer? Treatment is carried out in several ways.
- Treatment with radiation therapy. This method is carried out by radiation of ionizing energy. The use of radiotherapy is prescribed after surgery to remove the remaining cancer cells. Irradiation can be carried out remotely or internally. Also, both types of radiation therapy can be prescribed.
- Chemotherapy. Surely many have heard about this method of cancer treatment. The essence of this method is to take a person cytotoxic medicines. These drugs can be administered in the form of tablets, or can be injected into the body. In some cases, drugs are administered intravenously or intra-arterially. Typically, the doctor prescribes a specific scheme for taking these medications. From the way the body perceives cytostatic drugs, and the effectiveness of the prescribed scheme of the doctor depends on the effect of chemotherapy on the human body.
- Treatment of undifferentiated cancer by means of biological therapy. The essence of this method is the use of special vaccines. They are produced using the newest nanopreparations and monoclonal antibodies. This type of treatment is used relatively recently. It has a beneficial effect on the body in the fight against cancer cells.
Prognosis for the treatment of disease
Unfortunately, if a person consults a doctor at a late stage of the disease, then he can no longer be operated on. And with this type of cancer, the surgical method is the most effective. Therefore, the neglected degree of undifferentiated disease has an unfavorable prognosis. But if the disease is diagnosed at an early stage, then it can be cured. It is necessary to remove the tumor by surgery. But after the tumor is removed, the patient should undergo a course of chemotherapy and radiation. But a person should know that, even if a complex treatment for the removal of cancer cells has been successful, a relapse is possible. That is, their reappearance in the body. Especially during the first three years after the therapy. There is a statistic that relapse after treatment of stomach cancer occurs in 90% of cases. If there was he, the forecast will be disappointing, namely on the average person lives 3 months.
Causes of the disease. Interesting Facts
It is interesting that the reasons for the appearance of cancer cells in the human body have not yet been established. But the causes of cancer are classified into 3 large groups.
- Physical factors. This group includes ultraviolet radiation and radiation.
- Chemical factors. Namely - carcinogenic substances.
- Biological factors. For example, viruses.
Initially, under the influence of some factors, the structure of DNA changes. As a result, the cell does not die, but changes and begins to multiply.
In addition to the above external factors, there are internal factors of DNA structure disruption. Namely heredity. But when making a diagnosis it is difficult to determine what exactly became the basis for this failure. Since the causes of cancer are not known exactly, the treatment of this disease is reduced to the removal of infected cells. However, most scientists agree that the main cause of cancer is a violation of the structure of DNA. And it is destroyed by carcinogens. With age, the body's resistance decreases, so it is necessary to reduce the intake of carcinogens into the body. It is recommended to avoid exposure to ultraviolet light, infection with viruses, and be wary of taking hormonal medications. Also, you should stop smoking, since this habit leads to lung cancer.
It should be said that in the world there are various centers that deal with the treatment of cancerous tumors. If there is a possibility, then you should read the reviews and the results of the work of such clinics. Perhaps it makes sense to tackle cancer in a special clinic where there is a comprehensive approach. Some centers offer 24-hour monitoring of the patient and apply the latest methods of therapy using modern medical advances.
Undifferentiated cancer is treatable, most importantly, to take all the necessary methods to restore the body and have a positive attitude. So do not lose hope of recovery.