For every person to hear this word from the mouth of a doctor is equivalent to a death sentence. That's why many people avoid timely examination by specialists because of fear to learn about the terrible diagnosis.
Scientists say that early diagnosed cancer in the early stages is successfully treatable. Consciousness of Europeans in matters of their health is much higher than that of Russians.
But the main question that worries the minds of mankind: "How do they get cancer?" Despite the ongoing research of doctors, the mystery of the origin of this disease in the human body is still undisclosed. A universal medicine for cancer has not yet been invented.
History of Cancer Research
Since ancient times, mankind is preoccupied with an unknown disease that destroys young and old people. About the disease, reminiscent of the symptoms of cancer, is mentioned in the ancient Egyptian chronicles, whose age is 3000 years. This suggests that the disease is as old as humanity. The very term "cancer" was introduced by Hippocrates, who observed the pathological process of the mammary gland in patients. He called this disease "onkos", which means "swelling".
Until the middle of the Middle Ages, there was a ban on autopsy after death, and the study of cancer stopped. In the 17-18th centuries the Enlightenment era came. Physicians were given permission to investigate the causes of death of people by autopsy. At this time, the scientific study of cancer has moved far ahead. All kinds and stages of this disease were discovered, and the mankind was horrified. The most terrible thing was that it was absolutely unclear how to get cancer?
Later, doctors learned to distinguish between tumors based on the chances of survival of a sick person. They began to be divided into benign and malignant. The first differed in slow growth, they did not give metastasis and were safely removed with the help of a surgical operation. Malignant tumors differed in that they developed very rapidly and killed a person through metastases. These are cells that separate from the maternal tumor and flow with blood or lymph flow throughout the human body or move inside the body cavities. They excrete toxins and act depressingly on healthy cells. Consuming a huge amount of glucose from the blood, they deprive the nutrition of other cells and organs. Poisoned by cancerous toxins, the body is exhausted and dies.
What causes cancer?
Whatever the size of the tumor, it originates from a single cell. Being once the most ordinary unit of the body, it performed a habitual function. But suddenly something happened, and this very cell became alien to the organism and ceased to obey the laws of physiology. Until it changed in appearance, the agents of immunity did not touch it. But soon the cell began to multiply unceasingly. For newly formed substances you need a huge amount of energy. It they draw from the flow of blood. Therefore, a cancerous tumor has a highly developed system of blood vessels. Absorbing all the sugar from the blood, the growth does not stop growing and weaken the host's body. This is an approximate mechanism for how cancer is affected. But why this happens is still a mystery.
Scientists had high hopes for decoding the human genome. They assumed that in this code it will be possible to find the key to solving the problem of the cause of cancer. But many hopes were in vain. Even after revealing the fact that a person has a predisposition to cancer in a DNA, they can not cure a terrible illness at the genetic level.
In the study of how cancer is affected, scientists have many secrets. But they clearly managed to determine what factors can provoke the formation of a tumor. These reasons were called risk factors. These include:
- Carcinogens. Back in the 18th century British scientist Pott made a discovery: chimney sweeps scrotal cancer more often than other men. The reason for this is a constant contact with soot. These substances also include asbestos, tobacco smoke, 3,4-benzopyrene and some others.
- Radiation. The sad examples of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as of Chernobyl, showed scientists that ionizing radiation serves as a powerful impetus for the development of cancerous tumors. The incidence rate of people after irradiation has grown by forty times.
- Viral infection. Getting infected with cancer through the virus is not a myth. It is proved that human papilloma virus can provoke a woman to develop cervical cancer. This infection can be transmitted sexually, and women who often change partners have a greater risk of developing cancer.
- Hereditary predisposition. In medicine there is such a thing as "cancer families". But how do you know what is the probability of a child getting cancer? Indeed, if there are several cancer patients in the family, the likelihood of this disease increases. But being born in such a family does not mean for a person that he will necessarily fall ill and die from cancer. It's about predisposition, which can not show itself.
- The way of life of a person. What a person eats, what he drinks and how he treats his own body, directly affects his health. The influence of bad habits, especially smoking, on the occurrence of cancer has been proved by many years of research in this field.
Features of cancer treatment
All people know that the disease is easier to prevent than treat. This is especially true for cancer. The doctor will be able to cure neglected gastritis, but in the case of the last stage of oncology, he most likely will not give good predictions.
Specialists, as a rule, cure cancer at an early stage.The methodology is chosen strictly individually. Operation, radiation or chemotherapy - all these methods are quite effective, but for the patients who turned in for help in time. After the treatment, doctors judge the effectiveness of the measures taken in terms of the five-year survival rate. If during this rehabilitation period the cancer did not make itself felt, then the doctors conclude that the person is healthy.
Let's discuss in more detail how one can get cancer.
Can I get cancer?
Having learned that a person has an oncological disease, his environment sometimes tries to unwittingly stay away from him. Doctors often hear from their patients the question: "Can I get cancer?" Recent research scientists in this field have shown that there are viruses that contribute to the onset of cancer. These pathogens include:
- The virus of hepatitis B and C. In the vast majority of cases, they are transmitted sexually or through the blood. Getting into the body, hit the liver. Active division of cells is initiated, inflammation occurs, and there is a risk of transformation of healthy tissues into cancerous ones.
- Human papillomavirus. It is sexually transmitted and can lead to cervical cancer. With an increase in the frequency of partner change, a woman develops a risk of developing a cancer. Vaccination against papillomavirus is not 100% able to prevent the occurrence of cancer, besides it has a lot of contraindications.
- Herpes viruses, including Epstein-Barr. It manifests itself as symptoms of angina and increases the risk of leukemia.
Can I get stomach cancer?
There is an opinion that the bacterium Helicobacter pylori can cause this serious illness. How can you get stomach cancer? Kissing the patient or drinking from his glass? Do not panic. This bacterium in itself is not the cause of cancer. If the mucous membrane of the stomach is damaged, then this microorganism can lead to the formation of ulcers. This pathology, in turn, can provoke the development of cancer. But the ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori is successfully treated with antibiotics. The risk of cancer leads to excessive weight, excessive consumption of red meat and other risk factors described earlier.
How to prevent cervical cancer?
Many women are interested in the question of how not to get cervical cancer? Specialists give a number of recommendations:
- Timely and regular visits to a gynecologist. The frequency of examination of a woman in this specialist should be at least twice a year with a pap test. In this mode, it is possible to detect the appearance of neoplasms or other pathological changes in the work of the sexual system of a woman on time. This contributes to a timely response to the problem - the necessary therapy - and will save more serious problems in the future.
- Suitable and reliable contraception. Proper planning of children will help a woman avoid abortions. As the gynecological practice shows, two out of three women with cervical cancer resorted to abortion. Each abortion increases the risk of oncology by 8%.
- Avoid casual sex and frequent partner changes. With unprotected intercourse, a virus is transmitted that provokes cervical cancer.
- Vaccine against papillomavirus. This measure is effective against 80% of the microorganism species.
How does brain cancer occur?
Doctors clearly can not answer the question about how they get cancer of the brain. To determine the causes of oncology of this body for science is not yet possible. However, the doctors managed to study well a group of factors that are capable of provoking the formation of a brain tumor. These include:
- Genetic indicator. In part, brain cancer can occur in people who have had similar illnesses in the family. Also, a number of syndromes can trigger the onset of cancer. These include neurofibromatosis of the first and second type, the syndromes of Gorlin and Turko.
- Radiation, or ionizing radiation. This factor is relevant for workers in the nuclear industry. The risk group also includes patients who received radiation therapy for the head as a treatment.
- Carcinogenic chemical compounds. People working in the plastics and textiles industry are also at risk due to close contact with hazardous chemicals.
Disputes cause the impact on the brain of mobile devices and injuries. There is no direct relationship between them and the occurrence of brain cancer. Conversely, people with a diagnosed oncology of this organ could never be affected precisely by these factors.
What can lead to blood cancer?
For many people, there is nothing more terrible than getting cancer of the blood. Today, this disease takes the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, and the cause of its occurrence is still a mystery to doctors. However, studies in this field gave clear information about several factors that can provoke leukemia. Among them the following criteria:
- Radiation radiation. People who are exposed to this dangerous factor have a fairly high risk of disease with various forms of leukemia: acute myeloblastic, chronic myelocytic or acute lymphoblastic.
- Smoking of tobacco increases the risk of myeloblastic leukemia in acute form.
- Chemotherapy as a method of treating various forms of cancer can be a provocateur of leukemia.
- Chromosomal diseases of a congenital nature, such as Down's syndrome, increase the risk of leukemia.
- Heredity rarely accompanies the development of blood oncology. If this happens, then we are talking about lymphocytic leukemia.
But even if a person has been exposed to one or more factors, this does not mean that he will necessarily fall ill with leukemia. The disease may not appear.
How does lung cancer develop?
Everyone on the planet has heard of the dangers of smoking. However, smokers from this less did not become. According to statistics, in 90% of cases this particular cause is the main provoking factor in the development of oncological diseases of the human respiratory system. Heavy smokers themselves do not notice how they get lung cancer.Tobacco smoke contains a mass of carcinogenic substances, which, with prolonged exposure, disrupt the structure of the bronchi epithelium, the cylindrical epithelium becomes a flat multilayered, and lung cancer occurs. Passive smokers are also at risk.
To the harmful factors that can cause lung cancer, are also:
- Extinguished air in large cities.
- Chemicals-carcinogens: chrome, arsenic, nickel, asbestos.
- Chronic inflammatory processes of the respiratory system.
- Postponed tuberculosis.
Any pathological changes are clearly visible on the X-ray of the lungs. Therefore, you should undergo fluorography every year.
Live without cancer
As practice shows, no one is immune from the onset of cancer. However, following some recommendations, you can significantly reduce the risk of this terrible disease. Doctors advise us how to live, so as not to develop cancer. Here are these simple recommendations:
- Get rid of soakakokreniya and reduce the risk of cancer by 10 times.
- To pass the analysis of a blood on virus infections. If a person is a carrier of a dangerous pathogen, then you need to regularly monitor your health.
- Strengthen the immune system. A healthy lifestyle, full rest, exercise, exercise, bathing, hardening - all this strengthens the immune system and leaves no chance for cancer.
- Pay sufficient attention to preventive examination. It is necessary to regularly visit all the necessary specialists and take the appropriate tests. In time, diagnosed cancer is almost always curable.
- Avoid stress and negative thoughts. Optimists live longer and better.
Food against cancer
Specialists also give us a series of recommendations on how to eat so as not to develop cancer. There is a direct pattern between the composition of the diet and the risk of contracting an oncological disease. According to WHO, 40% of cancers in men and 60% in women are associated with nutritional errors.
An anti-cancer diet has two main directions: an obstacle to the intake of food carcinogens in the body and the use of natural oncoproteins. Doctors give the following recommendations on nutrition:
- Limit the use of smoked products, since polycyclic hydrocarbons are the strongest carcinogens.
- Proper storage of products at a sufficiently low temperature inhibits the development of carcinogens in them.
- The right way of cooking is cooking, quenching and steaming.
- Control of food temperature: it should not be too hot and cold.
- Do not abuse salt. The daily rate is 5 g, and it is usually found in foods.
- Avoid overeating, which leads to obesity and cancer.
- Reduce the consumption of animal fats in favor of vegetable oils.
- Sufficient intake of vitamins and trace elements such as E, A, C, D, B9, B2, B6, B5, potassium, selenium and iodine reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- Eating fiber reduces the risk. In the daily diet should be present 5 portions of fresh vegetables, fruits, cereal bran, legumes.
The nature of the origin of cancer tumors has not yet been solved by modern medical science. This disease can occur in a person from an absolutely healthy family, and, on the contrary, a person who is at risk in all parameters can live happily to a very old age without knowing about oncological ailments. While humanity has not found an answer to the question of how people develop cancer, and did not invent medicine from it, we can minimize risk factors and live in harmony with our own body. Be healthy and do not be ill!