The normal level of leukocytes in the blood is an indicator of good health. Their number should be in the range from 4000 to 10,000 ml. The results of the analysis may show an increase or decrease in the number of these white blood cells. Before to understand, why it occurs, it is necessary to find out, that such leukocytes. In the human blood there is a group of cells that perform a protective function, protect the body from bacteria, microbes, foreign cells and viruses. These are the leukocytes.
Why do they decrease?
These cells form in the bone marrow, participate in immune reactions. Decrease in their number (leukopenia) occurs when:
- presence of infectious diseases (rubella, influenza, measles);
- poisoning with chemicals;
- increased spleen;
- use of strong medicines;
- endocrine diseases;
- immune diseases of a hereditary nature.
Also, the reduction of white blood cells can occur during fasting or depression, the presence of low blood pressure.
In order to increase this indicator, it is necessary to make changes in the diet. The right diet can appoint only a doctor. It can make the following changes:
- increase the intake of products containing protein;
- reduce carbohydrate intake;
- recommend increasing the amount of choline, lysine, ascorbic and folic acid in the food.
Increase the content of leukocytes in the blood with the help of products you can, but only if you revise your diet. It is recommended to eat oats, buckwheat, barley, greens, raw vegetables, berries and fruits. Do not forget about nuts, eggs and caviar. Very useful fresh juices (for example, from tomatoes, carrots, currants).
How to increase the level of leukocytes in the blood folk methods?
To combat leukopenia use the following recipes:
- Decoction of bitter wormwood or chamomile flowers. To make it, you need to pour 45 grams of herb 750 grams of boiled water. The medicine is infused for four hours, then it should be filtered, then it can be used. Take it a glass before each meal.
- A medicine from oats. To prepare the broth you need to boil it on a small fire for 25 minutes (in the proportion of 30 g of grains per 2 cups of water). At least 12 hours, the oats are insisted and taken after percolation. It is enough to drink half a glass three times a day before meals. The course of treatment with oats is a month.
- A remedy for the clover. For 10 g of ground grass take 350 g of water, pour and insist for 4 hours. You need to eat no more than 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is at least one month.
- Drug from flower pollen. It is mixed with honey (2: 1), left for 3 days. Then they take 1 teaspoon at a time. This mixture is allowed to be washed down with milk.
How to increase the content of leukocytes in the blood, if chemotherapy was performed
Patients with oncological diseases should take chemotherapeutic agents, which have many undesirable side effects. One of them is a decrease in white blood cells. In this case, doctors prescribe special medicines that increase the vital functions of leukocytes, accelerate the process of maturation and their release from the bone marrow. These drugs include: Filgrastim, Leukogen, Metiluratsil, Leikomaks, Lenograstim.
Before asking how to increase the white blood cell count, consult a doctor about the need for these actions.