Recently, such a question as a fungus in the ears, is quite aopolar. In medicine, this kind of problem was officially called otomycosis. According to specialists, among all the inflammations presently located in the ear canal, it is the most common otomycosis (about 20% of all cases). It is noteworthy that the fungus in the ears arises most often in the clean ear canals. The whole point is that there is created the most favorable environment for its development and life activity (somewhat moist and warm). Let's look into this burning issue in more detail.
The appearance of this disease can affect:
- Taking hormonal drugs for quite some time.
- Constant water ingress.
- Use of hearing aids / headphones.
- Cleaning the passages with cotton swabs
Fungus in the ears. Primary symptoms
Most often giventhe problem immediately affects both auditory canals. If you find the primary symptoms described below, it is recommended that you immediately seek help from a qualified specialist who will then select the right treatment. Symptoms:
- regular dizziness;
- noises in the ears;
- noticeable hearing loss;
- itching and discomfort.
Treatment of a fungus of ears folk remedies
- Some patients do not trust traditional medicine, prefer it to folk recipes. So, the most popular is treatment with the most usual peroxide. It is necessary to gently moisten the cotton pad in the solution, and then squeeze all the liquid into the ear canal. While the solution will foam, it is better to lie motionless. The whole procedure takes no more than ten minutes. At the end, you should wash your ear. It is enough four such procedures, and you no longer remember the problem.
- Another way is to use walnut oil. It can bepurchased in almost every pharmacy. Begin the treatment with a single drop means, and then increase to four. Before the procedure, it is recommended to thoroughly wipe the affected area with hydrogen peroxide and only then pour oil through a pipette. This treatment is best done before bedtime.
At the moment, there are many proven drugs to get rid of this kind of problem. These drugs are "Naftin", "Terbinafine", "Nitrofungin" and many others. Most often, doctors prescribe drops in their ears from the fungus, as they instantly penetrate the foci of the disease and try to neutrate it. Before direct application of this or that medicine specialists strongly recommend to carefully clean the ear canal from accumulated dirt: so penetration of the medicine itself will be much easier and much faster. You can do this with the help of the "Resorcin". Therapy itself, as a rule, does not exceed four weeks (standard). It is important to note that during the whole period of treatment the doctor must necessarily control the microflora of the ear.