Every person is familiar with a painful headache in the frontal part. The reasons for its occurrence are quite diverse. In this case, pain can have a different intensity and, unfortunately, is not always eliminated with an analgesic tablet.
Causes of pathology
Doctors have done a lot of research, which allows to specify why the pain in the forehead arises. Causes, diagnosis, treatment of such phenomena were studied in depth. This allowed us to identify five factors that most often provoke unpleasant symptoms:
- infectious diseases;
- poisoning with a variety of toxic substances;
- head trauma;
- cardiovascular ailments;
- various disorders in the nervous system.
Let us dwell on some factors provoking a headache in the forehead region.
Today few people think about chemical substances that penetrate into life. And in the modern world this is especially true. After all, the market is almost oversaturated with low-quality goods that were produced with the addition of toxic substances. Buying machinery, carpets, furniture and even children's toys, the person does not know why there was a headache in the frontal part. The causes of the phenomenon are easy to find, if you remember what purchases were made recently.
As a rule, after a month and a half, the pain subsides. It is not surprising, because the chemical coating of the acquired thing disappears.
Therefore, deciding to buy goods, you should sniff at him. Do not buy cheap furniture, equipment, building materials, fabrics and especially children's clothes or toys. A poor-quality product not only provokes a headache, but also undermines the body's immunity.
It's no secret that a person uses a lot of food additives. The products, rich in them, negatively affect the whole organism. At the same time because of most of these substances there is a headache.
Diseases of the ENT organs
Severe pain in the frontal part of the head is sometimes caused by sinusitis, frontalitis, etmoiditis. Similar symptoms are provoked by the inflammatory process in the frontal, maxillary, latticed sinuses.
- Frontite. With such an ailment, the most severe pain occurs precisely in the forehead region. Increases discomfort in the morning, and in the afternoon, on the contrary, decreases somewhat. Sensations in their intensity can be quite intolerable. It depends on the filling and outflow of pus from the frontal sinuses.
- Sinusitis As a rule, pain is localized in the temples, eyes. However, when tilting there is a strong discomfort in the forehead.
- Etmoiditis. Despite the fact that the inflammatory process occurs in the latticedal sinuses located behind the nose, pain can manifest itself in the frontal part. As a rule, such feelings occur periodically, at a certain time of the day.
Infections and viral diseases
Such sources of pain are quite obvious. Even with a common cold, you may have a headache in the frontal part. The causes of discomfort are closely interrelated with the general intoxication of the body.
- Colds, flu, ARVI. At the initial stage of such ailments there is pain in the forehead, occiput, temples, eyes. And only after a while to the given sign other symptomatology, characteristic for cold and a virus joins.
- Encephalitis, meningitis. Seriously serious ailments. The pain can be localized in the forehead region, as well as in any other parts of the head. Sometimes this symptom can be accompanied by loss of consciousness, neurological signs. It should be remembered that these diseases require serious therapy.
Nervous system diseases
Such diseases are one of the most common factors, under the influence of which a person has a headache in the frontal part. The causes of this discomfort are caused by the following diseases and phenomena:
- Bunch, cluster pain. Sharp pulsating discomfort in the forehead. Often, it is accompanied by lacrimation and redness of the eyes. Such pain suddenly appears and disappears. Sometimes the sensations are so painful that a person is unable to even sleep. Their occurrence is usually due to smoking, drinking alcohol or changing the climate.
- Neuralgia of the optic and trigeminal nerve. Sensations are stabbing, sharp, sometimes shooting character. The pain is localized in the course of placement of this nerve.
- Migraine. A common ailment, characteristic of almost every tenth inhabitant. Often the pain in the temple begins. Gradually it spreads to the forehead, the eye area, the back of the head. As a rule, sensations are one-sided. At the same time, nausea, tinnitus, dizziness, weakness can accompany such a pathology.
- Varied neuroses, increased excitability, neurasthenia lead to headaches.
Any head trauma is accompanied most often by a headache. It is important to observe the concomitant symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and sometimes loss of consciousness. Sometimes, with a head injury, concussion can be diagnosed.
Very often, because of these ailments, there is a headache in the frontal part. The causes of the phenomenon are due to an increase or decrease in blood pressure. Discomfort can be felt in the zone of the temples and the occiput.
Variations in intracranial pressure from normal also cause similar symptoms. When it rises, there is a bursting or squeezing pain. Such conditions develop with atherosclerosis, hypertension, VSD, kidney ailments, heart defects. This symptomatology can lead to fatigue.
If intracranial pressure decreases, the sensations acquire a shingling character. This phenomenon is typical of people with hypotension, adrenal and thyroid gland diseases. Sometimes a decrease in pressure can provoke excessive stress, prolonged fatigue, stress.
Squeezing and squeezing the spinal cord causes severe pain in the forehead region. The nature of the sensations can be pressing, aching, and shooting. In addition to discomfort in the head, osteochondrosis is accompanied by tingling, impaired coordination, crawling.
This is the most terrible and serious cause of headaches. It is characterized by constant discomfort in the forehead region. It can be:
- vascular tumors;
- neoplasms in the frontal part of the brain, bones, frontal and maxillary sinuses of the nose;
- education in the pituitary gland, eye sockets.
Diagnosis of pathologies
In most cases, you should contact a neurologist for a patient who is concerned about a headache. Causes, diagnosis, treatment of this symptomatology is the specificity of this particular specialist.
If the pain is provoked by a head injury, a neurologist is examined. If necessary (with a suspicion of fracture) it is recommended to conduct CT, radiography. The same diagnostic methods allow to establish the diagnosis of "osteochondrosis". Sometimes an MRI can be prescribed.
The pain provoked by sinusitis, frontitis, ethmoiditis, diagnoses and treats ENT doctor. Most often, radiography is used to confirm the disease.
If the pain is caused by a decrease or increase in intracranial pressure, then the following examinations are appointed:
In this case it is advisable to contact the cardiologist and the therapist.
Treatment of pathologies
What if I'm worried about a certain area of my head? What to do if the frontal headache (parts of the head can not even be touched without the appearance of discomfort)? Unfortunately, there is no definite answer. It is very important to establish the true cause, which provoked unpleasant sensations. In each case, only the doctor is able to correctly select the treatment and prescribe appropriate therapy.
If the painful sensation was of a short-term nature and was not pronounced, then, most likely, there was fatigue. In such cases, pain relievers can relieve the pain symptom. It should be remembered that such remedies do not cure, but only eliminate discomfort.
As for medicines, they often prescribe such groups of drugs:
- Anti-inflammatory non-steroid agents. These are the medications: "Analgin", "Aspirin", "Paracetamol", "Ibuprofen". Preparations of this group are harmless, but have a negative effect on the digestive tract.
- Methylxanthines. They take drugs: "Theobromine", "Guaranin", "Caffeine-sodium benzoate". This group stimulates the brain, improves the metabolic processes in the body.
- Alkaloids ergot. Representatives of the group are medicines: "Nicergolin", "Ergotamine", "Ergometrine". Medications improve cerebral blood flow.
- Myotropic antispasmodics. The safest drugs that can save spasms and pain. These are the following drugs: "Papaverin", "Drotaverin", "No-shpa", "Dumpatallin".
- Benzodiazepines. A group of tranquilizers. These include drugs: "Sibazon", "Midazolam", "Diazepam".
- M-holinoblokatory. These drugs can inhibit the spread of pain. However, they have a large number of side effects. This category includes drugs "Spasmomen", "Platyfillin."
- Beta-blockers. Medications that eliminate pain through vasodilation. Representatives of the group are medicines: "Atenolol", "Propranolol", "Obsidan", "Metaprolol".
All patients should remember that the cause of the headache and the methods of treatment can be established only by the doctor. Therefore, let the specialist on the basis of the examinations that you have gone through will select the necessary medication.