For any woman, pregnancy is the most real test for the psyche, and for the whole organism. In this difficult period, all internal organs are subjected to a colossal load, in response to which the body responds with a bunch of diseases, including an allergic reaction.
It often happens that a person from the time of birth is predisposed to one or another allergy at the genetic level, but in order for this disease to manifest itself, a number of conditions are necessary, such as the allergen itself and a mixture of factors that reduce immunity and allow the development of allergies.
In this article we will try to understand what factors affect the appearance of allergens, what can be treated with allergy in pregnancy, how to behave, and what are the consequences of the transferred disease.
As a rule, a woman even before pregnancy knows what her allergy is, and her appearance will not be unexpected. Fetal fetus only aggravates the situation, reducing immunity and activating the factors of the spread of allergens. The situation is also complicated: the treatment of allergy during pregnancy is not always suitable for every particular mother, and therefore, without consulting a doctor, sometimes you can not do.
Factors causing allergies
Pregnancy completely rebuilds the entire female body for the needs of an unrepentant baby. The reaction even to your favorite flowers during pregnancy can be unpredictable, so you must always be spicy with cosmetics, cleaning products, nutrition, etc.
Even choppy weather outside the window can be a weighty factor and an additional headache - a seasonal allergy in pregnancy. Than to treat the allergy and to spend on it impressive sums, it is better to take care of an exception if not all, at least the majority of allergens.
To the group of risky products, which if not with ease, in most cases, allergies in pregnant women include: citrus fruits, some fish, vegetables and fruits, tested for the first time, and chocolate.
Do not tempt fate and include in your diet this list, while you are wearing a baby, try to get by with your usual dishes, without any culinary experiments, otherwise you will be allergic during pregnancy. What to treat and stop food allergens, we will consider later, but for now we will name the next and, probably, the most dangerous factor causing allergic reactions - stress.
Stress and environment
Strong stress and experience, coupled with an unfavorable environment that is located not far from you in the face of the chemical industry or metallurgy, with 100% probability will reward you with one of the types of allergies.
Even if you are in an idyll with nature and have your own country house, avoiding allergens is extremely difficult. Insects can become a source of real troubles. It often happens that even a bee sting, which previously was absolutely harmless for you, causes the strongest tumors, fever, and in some cases anaphylactic shock.
The wool of cats and dogs, the fluff of birds - these are factors that can become agents of not only allergies, but also other no less unpleasant diseases. So if you have a pet, the best option for you and for you is to part with the pregnancy.
Let it be better to live with friends and acquaintances, otherwise you are threatened with a permanent cold or skin allergy during pregnancy. How to treat this type of allergy, what are the consequences and manifestations, consider below.
Manifestations and consequences of allergies
All allergic reactions can take place in a mild or severe form. They differ from each other not only in places of localization, but also in involvement in the allergic process of other organs and indicators of well-being.
- Rhinitis. The main symptoms are a cold, frequent sneezing, stuffiness of the nose. In some cases, sinusitis, sinusitis and polyps occur.
- Conjunctivitis. It is caused by photophobia, reddening of the cornea, lacrimation, and as a consequence of conjunctivitis, rhinitis occurs.
- Hives. As a rule, it is an allergy to flowering during pregnancy. Than to treat this illness and suffer from constant itching, it is best to avoid contact with any wild vegetation. Locations of localization of urticaria are hands and belly, and in appearance it resembles a burn with small blisters.
- Quill. Place of localization - face, neck and shoulders. Especially dangerous is the edema of the larynx and trachea, which greatly hampers breathing. Than allergy is treated during pregnancy during edema Quincke, it is necessary to learn from a competent allergist doctor, so in this case, self-medication should not be engaged.
- Anaphylactic shock. This manifestation of an allergic reaction is accompanied by a sharp drop in blood pressure and bronchospasm. The form of shock implies a loss of consciousness, and therefore the lack of prompt assistance is fraught with very sad consequences.
- Generalized urticaria. This form is a bit similar to the hives described above, but unlike the light form, the generalized has a chronic course and most often occurs in the second half of pregnancy, when the body begins to actively rebuild all its hormones. Just like in the first case, the whole process is accompanied by itching and blisters, along with weakness, irritability and disturbance of well-being.
Effect of pregnancy allergy
And the light and heavy form of allergy does not affect the fetus in the second and third trimester, because all the above allergens can not penetrate the placenta.
But nevertheless, taking certain antihistamines can negatively affect both the general condition of the woman herself and the health of the baby's future. In addition, the allergic mother is more often in a bad mood and more irritable.
Allergy in pregnancy: what to treat?
The basis for the treatment of any allergic reaction is prevention, that is, preventing any contact with a possible allergen that can provoke the entire chain of diseases. Therefore, in the first place, it is necessary to determine the source of the allergen and avoid it in every possible way.
Symptoms of allergies and their subsequent elimination are directly related to the severity of the allergy itself, so in case of a mild course you can choose ointments, solutions and creams, ie those drugs that are applied topically, in other cases, an allergist or therapist is required.
So, we will consider, than treat an allergy at pregnancy and as.
The most common traditional drugs for alleviating the symptoms and treating allergies are ointments. The extracts of herbs contained in them perfectly cope with inflammation and relief of allergic reactions.
In rhinitis, you can use special sprays and drops that will eliminate nasal congestion and virtually rid the rhinitis (for the duration of the action). You can use regular vasoconstrictive drops in a child's dosage without harm to the fetus.
Tablets will help cope with the allergy, but also have a negative impact on the baby, so be careful when taking any medications.
So, you got a nuisance - an allergy in pregnancy. Than to treat and the subsequent risks are stated further.
- "Diphenhydramine" with its chemical composition can provoke the excitability of the uterus, which will cause premature birth.
- "Pipolphen" has toxic components, so it is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- "Terfanadine" can affect the weight of the fetus with frequent use.
- "Allertec" is more or less safe in the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- "Suprastin" and "Tavegil" are recommended to be used only on the basis of vital signs, ie, when the effect of admission may exceed the potential risk to the fetus.
Allergy in pregnancy: how to treat (folk remedies)
Removing the local allergy symptoms will help traditional medicine, through which you can at home make ointments, chatters and healing broths. They are considered quite reliable and have passed the test of time.
Bolts consist of an active substance such as starch, talc or clay, mixed with water, alcohol or oil. The mixed components are applied to the problem area of the skin and have a soothing, anti-inflammatory and softening effect.
Great help is provided by local decoctions of celandine, string, nettle, chamomile and calendula, that is, all that they treat allergy in pregnancy without the risk of its aggravation.
Proper nutrition during pregnancy
Balanced and proper nutrition is one of the most important factors in the prevention and treatment of allergic diseases. There are products that can easily provoke an allergic reaction and its further development: chocolate, chicken, fish, citrus fruits, eggs, etc. Some women have this individual list, so everything depends on the predisposition to the type of allergen.
If you do not know which food component you are allergic to, then the best way is to create a diary of nutrition, where your diet and reaction to those or other products will be reflected. The exclusion of such harmful foods from the diet will greatly facilitate the course of pregnancy and well-being of women in general.
But even if a woman does not suffer from food allergy, she is recommended to adhere to a hypoallergenic diet, starting from the 6th month of pregnancy, in order to avoid the development of diathesis in a future baby.
Treatment of allergies with severe course
In this case, using only antihistamines will not be able to do, especially since they are effective only for topical application.
If you have all the symptoms of Quincke's swelling or anaphylactic shock, you should immediately call your doctor or call an ambulance to avoid extremely unpleasant consequences.
Without a doubt, we can say that the only reliable adviser for any manifestations of allergies should remain a specialized doctor. Careful observance of all his recommendations and care during pregnancy will significantly reduce the risk of allergic reactions, which in a positive way will affect both mother and her future child.
Do not abuse self-medication, at the first sign of a serious allergy without delay, consult a doctor. Remember, your health and the health of your child is priceless!